Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Photoshop replacements

Wolphin

Calgary, CA
99 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Wolphin Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Mar 2012
Tue 18-Jun-13 07:04 PM

I don't know about many others, but with recent changes from Adobe to requiring you to "rent" their software (and also forcing you to upgrade just for the RAW profiles for your new camera...), with no other option, I am looking into replacements.

So far ArcSoft is the best I have found. Just confirmed both their Photostudio and Photostudio darkroom are able to open up my Nikdon D7100 RAWs, and the Darkroom has good controls for adjusting the raws directly.

Tonight, I will take a look at their panorama maker, to see how well it does. Sadly, don't have any HDR shots to test! The fact that all 3 would be less than half the cost of a new copy of photoshop cs6!

Anyone else have some suggestions for replacements, or feedback on these products?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G