Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D800E vs D800 in DxO

geoffc

San Pedro, US
132 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
geoffc Registered since 21st Apr 2008
Thu 09-May-13 09:41 PM

Hi, I haven't found this answer yet, sorry if it has been answered already.

I have a D800, and when shooting slow and carefully (tripod work), then processing in DxO, the images come out super sharp (due to the DxO lens correction algorithms). For example, when in LR, the Zeiss 21 outperforms the 14-24 on the edges. But once the 14-24 file is run through DxO, it beats the Zeiss (my own observations of course). And sadly DxO doesn't support Zeiss paired with Nikon.

At some point, I "need" to pick up a second body and was considering the E.

Has anyone tested both models for themselves, converting through DxO, to see any difference? I realize the D800E is the sharpest sensor out there bar none, but isn't this negated when using DxO? I realize one can see the difference when shooting jpegs or converting through ACR, but I just can't see how you would tell the difference after the DxO lens modules. But I haven't seen any comparisons of this sort so could be guessing wrong.

Thanks!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D800E vs D800 in DxO

G