Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

DxO Optics Pro Camera/Lens Profiles

mpage

San Jose, US
351 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
mpage Registered since 29th Jun 2004
Wed 10-Apr-13 06:48 AM | edited Wed 10-Apr-13 07:21 AM by mpage

I have read in earlier posts that some Nikonians are not happy with the amount of time DxO takes to get a Camera/Lens Profile produced. For me this is not a big issue because I can use DxO Optics Pro to manually make changes to the image and then save the settings as a preset for future use. I only have a few days experience with DxO Optics Pro, but it is easy to make presets. You basically create your own Camera/Lens Profile.

DxO's Tech Support also told me that they prioritize Camera/Lens Profiles based on requests from users. Here is a link to a request form to suggest a Camera/Lens combination:

http://www.dxo.com/en/photo/support/modules/availability/pb_availability

Be sure to check if your Camera/Lens combinations is not already supported with a DxO Profile by consulting the list of supported equipment:

http://www.dxo.com/en/photo/dxo_optics_pro/for_your_equipment

DxO's Tech Support also outlined what goes into each Camera/Lens Profile:

"They (DxO Technicians) put a lot of work into thoses modules. A prime lens requires something pushing a few thousand target shots & analysis. A zoom lens probably 10,000 target shots & analysis. Plus a bunch of measurement made on the lenses themselves and camera plus lens combinations to include secondary effects due to the sensors. You can easily burn one to a few person-weeks making these. The logistics can get shall we say interesting, when you are talking about older lenses because ideally you want brand new lenses (think finding one or two of each in the backrooms of camera stores still in unopened boxes)."

-Mark-

My Nikonians Gallery

G