Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Any way to open D7000 files with PhotoShop CS3??

rickmark

Otis, US
174 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
rickmark Registered since 05th Mar 2006
Sun 02-Dec-12 10:18 PM

Hi ... I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't find an easy answer on the forum.

I've been using Photoshop CS3 for years on my 2006 iMac. It's a student version, so I can't upgrade. Now I just bought a D7000 and PS won't open my raw files.

I see that I need to upgrade Adobe Camera Raw. Is it possible to upgrade Camera Raw so that it works with CS3 AND with my D7000 files?

I just ordered the brand new iMac, hoping it comes before Christmas. I was expecting to buy PS Elements 11 after the new computer comes.

Is there anything I can do now with my old iMac running CS3 to open my D7000 raw files?

I don't want to buy CS6 because of the price. If I buy Elements 11 now for my old Mac, will I be able to reinstall that on the new one?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G