Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Going on a trip but travelling light (except for photo stuff)

Thu 11-Oct-12 01:11 PM
My wife are just about to start a trip overseas. Over the past few years I've lugged my computer around and don't wish to do that any longer. So, I now have an iPad. My goal is to take a lot of pictures in RAW format (I've bought extra memory chips) and perhaps post one or two to my friends. At least that is the intention (or dream???).

I am trying to figure how I might be able to process a file. What I mean by that is to I wish to download an image from the chip to the iPad and then at least shrink the file size to pass on to friends.
Am I being unrealistic and should just use the iPad for such image-taking?

My camera is a D7000 (with three lenses) and I love it. I am slowly growing into its functionality and have barely scratched the surface. I post-process with PSE10 (and am slowly learning to grow into it also).

The attached image was taken as a result of sitting in the bleachers for eight hours. I had become "invisible", meaning that I was there before the majority of people arrived and thus became part of the fabric of the event. No flash was used (I was too far away, and besides, it would have disturbed the ambiance of the event).

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)

G