Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Lightroom 4 vs or in conjunction with Photomechanic

Sing141

Bakersfield, US
86 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Sing141 Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Oct 2006
Thu 05-Apr-12 11:54 AM

Is this a dead issue? I can't find anything recent on this subject while using the Nikonians search (which doesn't seem to be able to sort by date - a subject/question for another post). While I can find Photo Mechanic listed at Camera Bits, I can't find it at Adorama and Amazon says they don't know when it will be available again.

IMHO LR is fantastic, major improvements with each upgrade although I'm wondering at what point Adobe is going to split LR from Photoshop or no longer offer Elements or combine it with Elements or raise prices (also another topic). For me this is probably a moot point since I owned the software that was purchased by Adobe and became Lightroom, have upgraded through each version of Lr and already have LR4. However,I became curious about this when noticed Nikonians is listing as benefit for Silver and higher members "Significant discounts on e.g.: - Photomechanic from Camerea Bits.'

As near as I can find out LR and Photomechanic are similar in several ways and both cost about the same since Adobe has reduced the LR4 price - at least for now. Is there any advantage to having both? Or one over the other?

Sing141

G