Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

LR allows import and then renames image as -2

bobpilot

Washington, US
3842 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
bobpilot Silver Member Nikonian since 08th May 2007
Tue 06-Mar-12 06:44 PM

The same issue occurred in LR3 and also in LR4. I did not expect LR 4 to be any different.

The same image with the same name is in two folders. I want to be sure all the images are in the LR catalog so I used the import dialog with the box checked that says: "Do not allow import of duplicates."

The import window shows the images. When imported, a -2 is added to the file name.

The folder is on a different hard drive. Sometimes LR does not show any images to import, which means that the images are in the Catalog. For other folders LR shows images that are available for import, but then adds the -2 to the file name.

What am I not doing right?

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: LR allows import and then renames image as -2

G