Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
regaladosantos

Allen, US
81 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
regaladosantos Registered since 12th Dec 2011
Tue 13-Dec-11 01:05 PM

Hello everyone. I've had my D5000 for a year now, my first DSLR and also have been using ViewNX2 which came free with the camera. Despite the fact that I probably need to learn more about post processing, I think I would like to move on.

I have read about DXO Optics but now am wondering if it is even worth it. From forums and other people I talk to, it that Lightroom 3 and/or Elements 10 are good. If there are any DXO Optics users out there, I would like to hear actual testimonials or comparissons to other tools.

Since I am new to this, ViewNX2 is my only basis. I am a mac user and I shoot raw. I understand that Aperture and Lightroom3 are pretty similar and are good cataloging tools-their best feature. I guess I'm not really looking for something like what Elements can do but just for tweaking, to cover up my mistakes in photography, if that's even possible.

G