New webinar coming up: Best of Nikonians annual review, 28-MAR-2024 4PM EST (for all members on Silver level and higher) >>> More info

X

Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Canon Pro workflow includes NX2

ericbowles ericbowles

Is from: Atlanta, US
17371 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landsc... Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Ribbon awarded as a member who has gone beyond technical knowledge to show mastery of the art a Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005
Fri 20-Aug-10 12:54 PM
I attended a GNPA meeting last night featuring Canon sponsored pro Adam Jones.

He spoke briefly on his workflow. He uses a Mac.

He shoots RAW for all images.

After downloading, images are batch processed in DxO Optics Pro to create TIFFs.

For editing he uses either Viveza or Capture NX2. He has a nagging problem with the newest version of Viveza and does not recommend it right now. Capture NX2 is used for a high percentage of edits - largely do to the Nik functionality.

He does not use Lightroom or Aperture. Photoshop CS5 is used - but only for specific areas that are necessary.

He spoke very highly and uses Helicon Focus for focus stacking and Photomatix for HDR. He stressed the use of the Fuze method rather than tone mapping in Photomatix for more natural HDR. He went on to say that his stock agency (Getty) rarely accepts tone mapped images but the Fuze images are well received.

Here is a link to his work - really quite good.
http://www.adamjonesphoto.com/

I was quite surprised that this paid Canon pro is using NX2. But it does speak to the value provided by Nik and the speed and ease of use for the tool.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Canon Pro workflow includes NX2

G