Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

XMP/IPTC Presets, Want camera file names in Title filed

brinkj

Des Moines, US
27 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
brinkj Registered since 13th Dec 2008
Wed 13-May-09 03:32 AM

Sorry to bug you folks for such a trivial problem but I have a situation where I really need the camera's default file names to appear in the "Title" field of the XMP/IPTC Information of my metadata.

The reason is I have started a system of uploading large numbers of unprocessed jpgs to one of my flickr pages for clients to preview photos so they can tell me which pictures they want prints of. So I want each picture on flickr to have a unique title. I've discovered that flickr gets the title name from the "Title" field of my xmp/iptc presets.

At some point in the past I must have messed with the XMP/IPTC Presets stuff under the "Embedded Info" tab of Nikon Transfer so now all my files have a title that I don't want. I figured out how to null that field out in Nikon Transfer but I can't figure out how to get it to populate with the camera's file name.

I hope I described the situation well enough and I hope someone can tell me what I need to do. I'm assuming it's something I need to change in Nikon Transfer.

I couldn't thank you enough if you were able to help me.

John
http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-brink/

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G