Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Yipee - I need not buy NX2

Ian Barrett

UK
87 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Ian Barrett Registered since 29th Sep 2006
Thu 05-Jun-08 09:01 PM

Why not? Because I have already found out at no cost that it doesn't print properly.

Although the new features in NX2 seem to work well Nik still haven't fixed the HP printing problem for us Europeans.

Try to print an A4 borderless print on an HP9180 and you still get borders on at least one side of the paper. A3 doesn't work either but 6x4 inches is okay.

Nik broke borderless printing in NX 1.1 and still have not fixed it. As Nikon told me back in April

"Thank you for your correspondence with Nikon. With regards to the problem you have been experiencing with borderless printing, I sent it to our Design Department. And they have verified that borderless prints cannot be printed with Capture NX 1.3.2 on the HP printer. There is no specific plan to fix this at this moment.

We are sorry for the trouble it will cause to the you, but please use Capture NX Ver.1.0.1 when it is necessary to print boarderless prints."

G