Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Uncertain where to ask this - someone asked for some images

IndyGeoff

Greenwood, US
165 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
IndyGeoff Registered since 03rd Jul 2007
Wed 16-Jan-13 06:17 PM | edited Wed 16-Jan-13 06:18 PM by IndyGeoff

My post in new to photography ask questions did not draw any replies, so i am asking here where it is a little busier. Admin apologies if there was a better group to ask in.

I received an email asking to use some of my sports photos for a remodel in a restaurant chain by the person hired to do the remodel.

*full disclosure .... email was asking if I had any over 1 meg that I could send to them, so it appears they have not seen my work only a verbal referral. Or maybe they did and are going by the book to get the images. /shrugs

Option 1 ... point them to my flickr collection and say have at it

Option 2 ... ask what are you paying per image

If paying, are they paying in gift cards to the restaurant or in cash ? What is a digital file of a photo worth to them and to me. /shrugs

The person asks for a reply in the next few days.

I also wonder if release forms are necessary ? I doubt they will be putting the restaurant name under the image as in an advertisement, they want wall photos (i am assuming from the email). Would I/they need a model release for sports photos ? of minors ??

I shoot often at the HS that referred the person to me. The school yearbook uses my images (free) as well as players and parents copying any they wish.

Thoughts ? Suggestions ? Random ideas related to anything ? ;- )

Thanks all,

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Uncertain where to ask this - someone asked for som...

G