Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

OT: Re Speed Issues with this site

GaryPk

Bailey, US
537 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
GaryPk Silver Member Nikonian since 01st May 2012
Tue 28-May-13 03:13 PM | edited Tue 28-May-13 03:19 PM by GaryPk

Hi. Please move to the proper location. I am asking Nikonian members this rather than Customer Service. I constantly have speed issues with this site and get the message "Waiting for Nikonians.org. Often the only way I can get into a Forum is to click on the name again before it times-out (Nikonians.org took too long to respond). Customer Service says clear the memory, cookies, etc. I have done that and have no problems with any other site.

Now, I am trying to add a 1200x1200 photo attachment to a post. That looks straight forward and it works perfectly until after I click Upload. It says it has uploaded 100% but then never adds the file to the Attachment text box. The problem is that I always time out on this site if doing anything that takes more than a second. I have the fastest commercial Dell Desktop made with 16GB RAM and I still constantly time out on this site. It just displays " Waiting for Nikonians.org" Clean-disk and all that has been done ... Is there something in my own set up for this site that could be wrong?

Where should I have asked this question? Thank you ...

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: OT: Re Speed Issues with this site