Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Cameras is SPAAAACE

kkjensen

Chateauguay, CA
159 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
kkjensen Registered since 28th Feb 2009
Thu 10-Jan-13 02:21 PM

A while back I saw an article posted about what nikon gear is on the Internation Space Station. Canadian Astronaut Chris Hadfield has been doing a good job of staying in touch with everyone on the ground and I recently checked out this article.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/01/10/australian_fires_from_space/

The picture of the fire is pretty cool (albeit, a lot of what they take pictures of up there is probably the same!) but the grain is pretty present. I'm presuming a high ISO to keep the shutter speed up to assist in getting a clear image since the camera, not the subject, is travelling pretty darn fast.

What camera is that he's using? I don't know all the bumps and curves of the D3/D4 pro bodies.

I came across a NASA site once that contained a lot of the pictures the astronaughts take (minus the ones of ufos, etc of course) but can't relocate it. Any space buffs out there that have some resources up their sleeve for those of us that would like a more regular dose of the subject?

Kristofor

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G