Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Jessops goes into administration in the UK

This topic is locked. This message is locked.
Martin Turner

Bidford on Avon, UK
4860 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Martin Turner Moderator Expert professional PJ & PR photographer Nikonian since 19th Jun 2006
Wed 09-Jan-13 05:57 PM

Many UK members will be disappointed to hear that Jessops has gone into administration.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-20958659

I bought my OM-1 from Jessops in 1988, and my D2X in 2005. I guess I am as guilty as anyone of not supporting them, because I got my D3 in 2008 from Gray's of Westminster, and most of my equipment cabinet has come from online sources (including the Nikonians Proshop). Having bought into the Nikon system, I no longer felt I needed to try out cameras in the shop, and, equally, I could get first hand advice from other Nikonians.
Ah well.

M A R T I N • T U R N E R
http://art.martinturner.org.uk
http://www.martinturner.org.uk

Nikonians membership: my most important photographic investment, after the camera

My Nikonians blog, Learning from the Portrait Masters, https://blog.nikonians.org/martin_turner/

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Jessops goes into administration in the UK
                                                  Reply message Jessops - Could a phoenix rise from the ashes?
                                                  Reply message RE: Jessops - Could a phoenix rise from the ashes?
Reply message This thread has taken an decidedly political slant.

G