Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D700 and the Apple Iphone G4

Windy Vision

Terry, US
105 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Windy Vision Registered since 01st Jul 2004
Thu 02-Sep-10 04:47 PM | edited Thu 02-Sep-10 05:23 PM by Windy Vision

First, I love my D700, D200, D70 and all of the nice and expensive lenses that I have been able to acquire. After saying that it is a real eye opener to see how well the new phone cameras especially the Apple IPhone can produce such good images. Is this the new future in cameras? In 5 to 10 years will cameras like the DSLR be the thing of the past? I have seen some very nice images captured with the new IPhones. I took almost 14 pounds of camera gear to a pro baseball game and was able to capture some very nice images; however, those little camera phones are the norm now days. I see fewer and fewer 35mm like cameras and smaller camera phones. I do good novice work and I do not yet have a camera phone but at certain times those little gadgets seem to be the “IN” thing, easy, covenant and easy to conceal and carry. I guess you can not stop progress or is this progress? Not nearly ready to sell my good Nikon gear for a new IPhone but just amazed what new products are introduced every year. My first camera was a little black box Brownie followed by a 110 instamatic. Changes in the tech world are so fast any more. I made a portrait of my brother using the D700 and my beloved 85mm f/1.4; it was a very good image. I sent it to him and he has a $1.95 Apple App on his IPhone that enhanced the image as well as I could have using any PS plug in that cost nearly $100.00. I am not frustrated just amazed. Is there any one else feeling the same?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D700 and the Apple Iphone G4