Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Looking for Tampa/St. Pete area members for info

amheck

Tampa, US
6 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
amheck Registered since 12th Nov 2006
Mon 13-Nov-06 08:13 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm a new Nikon D50 owner and I'm in the Tampa/St. Pete area. I've always used my P&S camera's on AUTO, but now with this new purchase, I'd like to actually learn to use the camera and just about photography in general. Terms like aperature, ISO, F-stop, are all over my head.

First, I'd like to know if anyone in the area has any local shops to recommend. I'd like to find a nice place that deals a lot in used lenses. And, more importantly, I'm really looking to find a shop that might offer some photography classes. I have 2 books on order, but I would really like to take a class or two just to get some hands on in front of an instructor.

I did see Nikon School is over in Orlando, and there's a Canon-sponsored event (saw in Shutterbug) in Tampa in early December, but I'm not too sure those will be basic enough for me.

Thanks!
Aaron

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Looking for Tampa/St. Pete area members for info
Reply message Is Daytona Beach too far to drive?
Reply message RE: Is Daytona Beach too far to drive?

G