Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

NorCal Nikonians Photo Trek IV: Point Reyes

DWGimages

Carmichael, US
6143 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
DWGimages Gold Member Awarded for his skills and knowledge in various areas, including Nude Photography Nikonian since 02nd Sep 2003
Sat 19-Aug-06 11:23 PM

Our fourth official NorCal Nikonians gathering will feature opportunities for Old Architecture, Wildlife/Nature and Sunset photography as we will be traveling through the Point Reyes area off the California coast.

The Plan
Sacramento based Nikonians will meet in the Mervyn's/Coco's parking lot near Arden Fair Mall at 5:45 am. Departure is 6:00 am sharp. BE THERE STEVE!

We will travel to Mashall on Hwy 1 via Petaluma and arrive there by about 9:00 am.

Bay Area Nikonians should hook up with the Sacramento group in Marshall at 9:00 am. Location to be determined – any suggestions?

The Group will then shoot in and around Marshal for approximately 2 hours (architecture and such), then head south on Hwy 1 to a suitable wilderness/wildlife venue (exact location undetermined at this time) for some nature photography again for approximately 2 hours. We will then end our shooting day at a location near the Golden Gate Bridge for sunset photography for as long as the light holds up. A break for lunch is in there somewhere. Shooting times to be adjusted as needed throughout the day.

The Food:
BREAKFAST: The Sacramento based Nikonians will make a stop in Cordelia for a McDonald’s “on the go” breakfast (buy your own). Any Nikonians from the surrounding area wishing to join us should meet us there at 7:00 am.

LUNCH: As we never know where we'll be when we get hungry, our traditional hand made (by you) deli sandwiches using premium Deli Meats (turkey, ham and pastrami), cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, rolls and condiments will be the menu.

SNACKS: Each member is asked to bring a little something for snacks or sides to include at lunch or during our trip. Ice chests will be available so let us know if you need space.

DINNER: If we are joined by any of our Bay Area members, it is suggested that we travel the short way to Tiburon and return to the little pizza place we used on our Angel Island Trek last year. If only the Sacramento group goes, we can have dinner on the way home almost anywhere. (buy your own)

Gas and Lunch:
Again, we will be passing the hat to help pay for the lunch supplies and gas for our carpool drivers. On our previous trip, we asked for $20 per person. As we learn how many will be coming this figure may go up or down. I don’t think it will be more than $25. This is to be paid on the day and in cash to buy one tank of gas for each carpool driver with the remainder of the money going towards the deli supplies.

Drivers:
If you are willing to use your car for a carpool, please let us know here. In addition to at least 2 other people, you should be able to carry photo gear and lawn chairs.

Bay Area Nikonians should arrange their own carpool/caravans. Use this thread but please change the title to Bay Area Carpool, to bring attention to it. I will need to know your head count and number of drivers so that the Gas money (see below) can be properly calculated.

Suggestions and Final Thoughts:
- Bring lawn chairs for yourself (or more if you have them for others).
- Be sure to bring sunscreen and any medications you may need during the day including allergy meds.
- Don’t forget your camera (film and or memory cards – and lots of batteries).
- It will be October – bring suitable jackets, hats and other climate control wardrobe (so the sunscreen above may not be necessary ). Dress in layers so that you can adjust as needed.

I hope to see many Sacramento, Bay Area and other NorCal Nikonians enjoying themselves on this, our fourth official NorCal Nikonians Photo Trek: Destination – Point Reyes Costal Area.

Start posting below to confirm your attendance and if you are available to drive.

Saturday
October 28, 2006
6:00 am Departure time for Sacramento based participants.

Dave

"You, you and you … Panic. The rest of you, come with me."
~U.S. Marine Corps Gunnery Sgt.~

** The Moderators Page ~ My Nikonians Gallery ~ My Web Site ~ Sacramento, CA Area Chapter Gallery **

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: NorCal Nikonians Photo Trek IV: Point Reyes
Reply message HEAD COUNT
Reply message RE: HEAD COUNT
Reply message It's official, I'm out
Reply message RE: It's official, I'm out
          Reply message I am still in
               Reply message RE: I am still in
Reply message Bay Area car pool?
Reply message Last Call - ALL ABOARD!
Reply message RE: Last Call - ALL ABOARD!
Reply message Thank you and Link to Pictures

G