Australian Nikonians Chapter - Sydney open invitation
ATTENTION ALL NSW/ACT Nikonians.
Those individuals for whom I have email addresses have received a similar message to the following regarding a kick-off meeting in Sydney for Nikonians interested in an Australian Chapter.
I will be at the café of the Art Gallery of NSW at 10am on Saturday 6th October.
The Gallery is a 7 minute walk from St James Station, or if you are driving, the Domain car park would be your best option.
To find the café, enter at the main foyer, go straight ahead for about 25 metres, then go down one flight of escalators, then turn to the left. The café has an outside deck area and we will try to use that. After we have our “meeting” those who wish to do so can take in the Gallery’s Eugene Atget exhibition featuring photographs on loan from the Musee Carnavalet in Paris – details here: http://www.artgallery.nsw.gov.au/exhibitions/eugene-atget/
Discussion points that we should cover are:
1. what kinds of activities would most interest you? For example, webinars, face-to-face instruction (cameras, shooting techniques, p/p software etc ), photo shoots, expeditions – the kind of activities the Nikonians Academy does in the US and Europe?
2. would you be prepared to pay for Nikonians activities that have a cost associated eg transport hire, venue entry, external educator etc
3. how do you feel an Australian Nikonians Chapter should organise itself given the size of this country?
4. Are you willing to provide some contact details for a database of members? (Not after your bank account details, just name, phone number, suburb/region and email address)
5. Are you interested in being involved in helping with planning and organising meetings, activities and outings?
Please come armed with thoughts in these areas and any other additional points you want to cover.
I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible on the 6th October.