Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

The Best of Nikonians - 2009 Images - August Winner

wpgf100

Winnipeg, CA
3127 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
wpgf100 Awarded for his product reviews and other articles for the Resources Awarded for his shared and inspiring mastery of the art and science of photography Basic Member
Thu 24-Sep-09 02:17 AM | edited Thu 01-Oct-09 04:00 AM by wpgf100

Congratulations to Silver Nikonian Bill Ferguson (wayazo), winner for the August segment of our Best of Nikonians - 2009 Images Photo Contest.

Below is Bill's winning image "Hidden Hunter":

Click on image to view larger version

Bill made this photograph with his Nikon D700. He shot it at ISO 200, f/16 @ 1/500 sec. With a Nikkor 200-400mm.

Here is what the Judges had to say:

"Great impact from this shot; you can almost feel
the cool fall air; and wonder what the coyote is looking at.
Technically well done."

"Beautiful colour and nice depth of field."

"The captured image is a classic of true wildlife imagery wherein the subject is naturally camouflaged though striking within its environment and composition."

" The colouration unifies this artistically, and it answers for me a naturalist question: does the camouflage really work?"

As a prize, Bill will receive from Think Tank an "Speed Freak" Beltpack.

For our Silver, Gold and Platinum members, complete details and a guide on how to prepare your entries for our Photo Contest are available here.

Our September is currently under way. Please remember that the main subject for this month must be a "Celebration" scene. The longest size of the photograph must be between 900 and 1024 pixels

Chris Gray

NikoniansĀ® - Worldwide Home for NikonĀ® Photographers
"Share, Learn and Inspire"

My Nikonians Gallery
My Website
My Facebook

G