Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

The Best of Nikonians - 2009 Images - March Winner

wpgf100

Winnipeg, CA
3127 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
wpgf100 Awarded for his product reviews and other articles for the Resources Awarded for his shared and inspiring mastery of the art and science of photography Basic Member
Sat 18-Apr-09 01:29 AM

Congratulations to Silver Nikonian Igor Voljc (IgorV), winner for the March segment of our Best of Nikonians - 2009 Images Photo Contest.

Below is Igor's winning image "Canoes":

Click on image to view larger version>

Igor made this photograph with his Nikon D300 using his NIKKOR 20mm lens. He shot it at ISO 200, f/8 @ 1/400 sec.

Here is what the Judges had to say:
"I find this image to be somewhat mesmerizing. The juxtaposition of the angular and linear patters have your eyes going in about 3 different directions at once. It also projects a calm serenity that just makes the viewer relax."

"Love the colors and the pattern of the canoes."

"Love the pure photographic graphic elements in this image - such a simple composition with line, shape and color dominating. It's abstract and well executed."

As his prize, Igor will receive from Think Tank a Modular Set (valued at $199.95 USD).

For our Silver, Gold and Platinum members, complete details and a guide on how to prepare your entries for our Photo Contest are available here.

Our April segment is currently under way. Please remember that the main subject for this month must be WATER. The longest size of the photograph must be between 900 and 1024 pixels

Chris Gray

NikoniansĀ® - Worldwide Home for NikonĀ® Photographers
"Share, Learn and Inspire"

My Nikonians Gallery
My Website
My Facebook

G