Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Welcoming Photo Contest 2009 - Third Week Winner

jrp

San Pedro Garza GarcĂ­a, MX
38668 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter Member
Sun 15-Feb-09 07:06 AM

Congratulations to Nikonian Tim Ryll (tmwr1), winner for the third week of the Welcoming Photo Contest 2009.

Tim made this comments: "Just upgraded my digital camera from a Canon PowerShot S500 point-and-shoot to a Nikon D300 w/18-200mm lens.
My previous SLR was a vintage 1977 Olympus OM-1 MD that I sort of retired about 5 years ago.
Although the point-and-shoot takes reasonably good pictures, I had come to miss the flexibility and precision of an SLR. I only have a small amount of time on the new D300, so I don't have many pictures available to share.
So far, I'm finding that I really like the D300 body, but I'm suspecting I will be upgrading the lens, hopefully, sometime in the near future.
I'm finding lots of good info on the Nikonian forums and web site."

Tim is currently a Basic Member.

Below a sample of his work:

Click on image to view larger version

Tim made the two photographs for this composite image on Photpshop, with his Nikon D300 using his 18-200mm AF-S DX lens; his exposures were:
For the weeds: f/8, 1/100 sec, ISO 200
For the wall: f/11, 1/10 sec, ISO 100

Tim will receive a Noise Ninja Pro Bundle by PictureCode (valued at $79.95 USD)

Have a great time :-)
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Mainly at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story
Please join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members who help this happen; upgrade.
Check our workshops at the Nikonians Academy and the Nikonians Photo Pro Shop

G