Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Not my avatar....only my mouse

Punky

El Paso, US
691 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Punky Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 20th Dec 2008
Wed 08-May-13 12:35 AM

Trying my hand at some low light and light painting photography. These shots were taken of my mouse using a 105mm macro lens.

Image 1: I placed the mouse on a glass breakfast table on top of two sheets of tissue paper and placed a flashlight underneath the table with tissue paper on top to diffuse the light. I then used another flashlight with a red gel attached to highlight the rear of the car. The headlights actually turn on and have the xenon blue light glow. D300s 105mm ISO200 F/22 5.0S tripod with cable release and 2 flashlights.

Jeff

Click on image to view larger version

Image 2: Same setup as #1, but put the red gel over the flashlight at the bottom of the table and used a green gel on the flashlight to paint the car. f/14 and 4.0s

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)

G