Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

The Empty Bench

SheriB

Southern York Co, US
1973 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
SheriB Gold Member Awarded for sharing her exceptional images and details of rural farm life. Nikonian since 11th Sep 2010
Tue 19-Feb-13 10:49 AM

Last night, my Boss passed away at age 88. He had been suffering with Alzheimer's for a few years. While he was still on the property,(up until the last year and a half)he would go for walks from the house up to the barn/stable to see the horses.Amazingly this man who couldn't remember that his wife was his wife, or my name, always knew which horse was his last riding companion. He had round the clock caretakers who would go with him on this 1/4 mile (each way) walk.Sometimes twice a day. They asked if we could place a bench at about the halfway point so they could stop and rest.
I have found that I go back to this bench often when out shooting. Yesterday's light snow and sunrise called to me and once again I was drawn to the bench. One of my favorites I have taken there. I will always wish I had taken one while he had been sitting there.
I took this about 13 hours before he passed away. Rest in Peace Art.

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)

Sheri Becker

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: The Empty Bench