Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Ravenna mosaics, with a twist

Antero52

Vantaa, FI
2683 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional. Nikonian since 07th Jul 2009
Sun 27-Jan-13 11:31 PM

Bob’s fine photos from Ravenna prompted me to post this pair of photos from my first visit to Ravenna about 15 years ago. The first photo is Ponte d’Augusto (bridge of Emperor August), completed 20 AD. The bridge has stood there for two millennia, even resisting attempts by the retreating German army to destroy it.

Click on image to view larger version

In comparison, this photo reflects my utter frustration in Ravenna. Everybody was on strike, all the museums and historical sites were closed. This photo is from a lavatory in which all the four urinals were “brocken”.

Click on image to view larger version

Both photos with Nikon Nuvis S APS camera, which I bought in 1998. According to Camerapedia, it was manufactured in a Nikon plant in Indonesia.

Best regards, Antero

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)

G