Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

BC & Canadian Rockies, day 19, Kamloops to Vancouver

Antero52

Vantaa, FI
2683 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional. Nikonian since 07th Jul 2009
Sat 22-Dec-12 04:22 AM | edited Fri 21-Dec-12 05:39 PM by Antero52

Kamloops before sunrise. Kathy, are you reading this? You asked why we have no sunrise shots. I took this at 4:48 in the morning.

Click on image to view larger version

We are no longer in the Rockies.

Confluence of Thompson River with Fraser at Lytton (my wife’s photo).

Hell’s Gate. An abrupt narrowing of the river caused by an explosion during railroad construction.

Swiss Air Tram technology, with a 150m/500ft elevation change. (Two photos by my wife.)

The flow of the river is said to be twice as high as that of Niagara, but it doesn’t quite look like it because the stream is so deep (over 15m/50ft). Travel guides show pictures of whitewater rafting, but we were told that the current was too strong for rafting at this time of the year.

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)
Attachment#3 (jpg file)
Attachment#4 (jpg file)
Attachment#5 (jpg file)
Attachment#6 (jpg file)
Attachment#7 (jpg file)
Attachment#8 (jpg file)
Attachment#9 (jpg file)

G