Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

BC & Canadian Rockies, day 18, Lake Louise to Kamloops

Antero52

Vantaa, FI
2675 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional. Nikonian since 07th Jul 2009
Sat 22-Dec-12 04:26 AM | edited Fri 21-Dec-12 06:39 AM by Antero52

This actually belongs to day 16, near Takkakaw Falls. How many trains are there in the picture? Answer: only one, but you can see both ends of it. The track makes a loop inside the mountain. The idea is to make the slope less steep by increasing the run length. Fatal accidents were common before two of these loops were added to the rail.

Click on image to view larger version

Giant Cedars Nature Trail in Mount Revelstoke National Park.

The idea was to drive up to Meadows in the Sky Parkway, also in Revelstoke Park. After driving 23km out of a serpentine road of 24km, the last one km (0.6miles) was closed due to ice and snow on the road. We could have walked but there was little point as the snow covered the meadows as well. Don’t expect all roads to be open on July 11th. But the view from the mountain was good.

The next four are from my wife’s collection. Halfway up the mountain the roadsides were lined with flowers.

It was a very warm day but thanks to all the meltwater flowing into the rivers I had a very refreshing swim. I even had all the beach to myself.

An osprey admiring the view shortly before Kamloops. With my binoculars or with the LCD screen of the camera, I wasn’t sure if this was a bald eagle or an osprey. Fortunately the D800E has good cropping ability. This is cropped to about half the area of the full image.

And this one to 4% of the original image area.

An introduction to this series is here https://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=175&topic_id=95266&mesg_id=95266

Regards, Antero

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)
Attachment#3 (jpg file)
Attachment#4 (jpg file)
Attachment#5 (jpg file)
Attachment#6 (jpg file)
Attachment#7 (jpg file)
Attachment#8 (jpg file)

Best regads, Antero

G