Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

A pleasant trip back in time

jrp

San Pedro Garza García, MX
38668 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter Member
Tue 09-Dec-14 10:31 AM | edited Tue 09-Dec-14 08:22 AM by jrp

I have the pleasure to meet my college classmates once a year.
Was lucky to convince them to make the reunion in a city central to Mexican history, Queretaro, cradle of the Independence from the Spanish rule and burial grounds of the French Monarchy attempt.

My high school days were spent at the local University.
The city was the site of my very first torrid love, the encounter with important events in our family's warriors past and surely where my intense passion for photography strengthened, practicing with the remarkable monuments of its golden era of the XVI, XVII and XVIII centuries.

Laughter abounded, although the conversation turned more serious than in previous years with themes such as the need to find an alternative to the economic growth model.

Eating very well and drinking even better, we took the time to walk the main plazas, churches, convents and government monuments.
On the last night, standing in the corner of our colonial hotel I remembered not having photographed the Fountain of Neptune.

It was already dark and late; my tripod was stowed away (not allowed inside of buildings) but decided to make good use of the D700 high ISO possibilities.

Click on image to view larger version

Nikon D700 handheld, 14-24mm f/2.8G ED IF AF-S Nikkor @ 14mm; f/2.8, 1/30s; ISO 3200, processed in Photo Ninja (still learning it).

Time to change the priority of the lenses in my wish list, placing the 24mm f/3.5D ED PC-E MF Nikkor at the top again.
Attachment#1 (jpg file)

Have a great time :-)
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Mainly at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story
Please join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members who help this happen; upgrade.
Check our workshops at the Nikonians Academy and the Nikonians Photo Pro Shop

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: A pleasant trip back in time