Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Remembering Tokyo Bay

spiritualized67

Western PA, US
3288 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
spiritualized67 Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas, most notably in Street & Landscape Photography Nikonian since 01st Mar 2007
Wed 28-Nov-12 02:09 AM

87-year-old Fritz is a WWII Navy veteran and former Commander who helped protect the USS Missouri in Tokyo Bay when the Japanese surrendered - but now he faces an even bigger battle...one with Alzheimer's.

-------------------------

This past September, I fulfilled a longtime dream of participating in the Missouri Photo Workshops. MPW is one of the oldest photojournalism workshops in existence.

Paying tribute to the great photographers of the Farm Services Administration - like Dorthea Lange, Walker Evans and Russell Lee - MPW chooses one small town in Missouri to photograph every year.

Students are then given a week to find a story and document it. You are limited to 400 JPEG frames the entire week and can't edit or delete.

It was an amazing experience, and one that I will never forget. It was also extremely challenging, pushing me in ways I never thought possible.

I encourage any Nikonians (from anywhere in the world) who are seriously interested in photojournalism, street photography and/or environmental portraiture to consider applying.

If you'd like to read more about my experience and MPW, check out my latest blog post: http://danielstainer.wordpress.com

D3s, 35mm F/1.4 @ F/10, 1/30s, ISO 6400

~Dan
www.danielstainer.com

Click on image to view larger version

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Remembering Tokyo Bay