Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Zebra close up

robsb

San Jose, US
14951 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006
Sat 25-Feb-12 02:41 AM | edited Sun 26-Feb-12 01:04 AM by robsb

In going through my old slides I found this unmounted image in a small box of loose film. Based upon some clues this image is from the late '60s when I had a real darkroom in my house in Montana. This image is the basis of a highly manipulated image I did in a darkroom then that used such techniques as slide sandwiches, manipulated paper negatives,and other tricks. That image won me a prize in an Air Force Photo contest. I later took the print into Photoshop for further work in later years and it is the image called Zebra in my gallery if you want to compare. So I decided to make a straight image of this Ektachrome slide. Based on the time frame this would have been shot with a Photomic T. No other data is available, so I don't know what lens I used. So I did as I have done with all the recent slide copies I have posted. I scanned the image with my Epson Perfection V700 at 6400 dpi using Silver Fast Archive Suite first creating an HDRi file of 4 16 bit channels and then making a dust and scratched processed 48 bit color file all using Silver Fast. Final Post was done in Capture CNX2 2.3 64 bit. Since these are huge TIFF files greater than 8000 pixels on the long side, you need the 64 bit version to process them. I then save the final result as a NEF.

Click on image to view larger version

Click image for larger gallery image

Here is the modified image I did years ago in the darkroom and then later with Photoshop. If you click on the image it will take you to the gallery where you can read what I did to make this version.

Click on image to view larger version

Click for larger gallery image and explanation.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!
Old age is a special gift that very few receive. Be thankful if you get it.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Zebra close up