Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Snapshot from Iraq

frostyeod

Alexandria, US
27 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
frostyeod Registered since 13th May 2007
Wed 30-Apr-08 06:48 AM

January 2008, US soldiers load Iraqi civilians wounded in an IED attack onto a waiting MEDEVAC helicopter.

D40x
AF-S 18-70mm 1:3.5-4.5G
56mm
f 5.6
1/500

Shot JPEG, changes to color and contrast done in Microsoft Office Picture Manager (I often wish I had real photo software)

I shoot nearly every day, but so much is work related and I can not post it here.

This is one of my favorite pictures I've taken this trip.

The helicopters were kicking up loads of dust and I think I closed my eyes a few times trying to get this, eventually I just held the shutter down in continuous and got this one (the other 6 or 7 had a dust cloud obscuring the soldiers).

This is my first photo post, so try not to be too harsh on me.

Saying that, I am interested in any pointers or criticism in developing a photojournalism style, I don't have post processing software or a decent computer with me in Iraq, I do have my D40x, an 18-70, a 70-300 VR, a 50mm 1.8, a SB-600.

Thank you in advance,

Chris

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Snapshot from Iraq