Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Lamigra

Plentywood, US
238 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Lamigra Basic Member
Mon 09-Jul-01 09:46 PM

Interesting story behind this photo. I have worked on this old abandoned church on several outings and I have used Kodak Portra 160 (NC & VC) as well as Fuji NGH. I found none of my photographs to be very impressive and they did not capture the essence of this fine structure. On this one occasion I happened to pass by with my camera loaded with Kodak Maxim (400)- straight off the shelf of a local quick stop (grocery) store. (I was out of my favorite film and waiting for next order to arrive.) Great sunset and I started shooting. Please don’t ask the details because I did not record them. I believe I was shooting around 1/2000 with my Sigma 28-80 f/3.5-5.6. This is what I got back---Go Figure! I like it, it did not scan very well (a little dark) but maybe I should go back to the store shelf film . There are other photos in this album, but the one that is the subject of my long winded story is the church(sunset).

Hope the link works: http://home1.nikonnet.com/servlet/com.arcsoft.LoginNew?com=arcsoftBanner&awp=index3.html&DIRECT=&USERNAME=lamigra&PASSWORD=nikoneditor_-862299954&WHO=memberguest

Glenn

G