Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Image posting, uploading and linking

This topic is locked. This message is locked.
DWGimages

Carmichael, US
6143 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
DWGimages Gold Member Awarded for his skills and knowledge in various areas, including Nude Photography Nikonian since 02nd Sep 2003
Fri 12-May-06 02:56 PM | edited Wed 06-Feb-08 08:23 AM by jrp

Please note that our updated Terms of Use now reflect the following change to the posting of images at Nikonians. We appreciate our supporting members and in view of that have increased the photo posting limits for Gold and Platinum members.

3.4. Not only traffic is a major cost component, a big number of visitors are not on high speed Internet connections; please help by not uploading in the forums more than 3 photos per day if you are a Silver member, 5 if a Gold member and 10 if a Platinum member.

Silver, Gold and Platinum members may link to their Nikonians gallery for an inline image to appear in a post in the forums. In forums direct uploading, the image can be up to 900 pixels on the longest side and 150KB file size; so the medium size version at the gallery should be linked if the full size original exceeds these parameters.

All members may link to images stored on external servers. These will appear as links rather than in-line images. Out of courtesy to fellow members we ask you to please warn about the size of the file being linked to, e.g.,

(245kb) or by at least typing: “warning: big file.” Remember: When a large tree is coming down in the woods, there is always someone shouting: “Timber!”

Also, we suggest you limit the number of image links in a post to a reasonable number; ideally to only one. Consider that if you post too many links, seldom someone will have the patience to look at them.

Dave

"You, you and you … Panic. The rest of you, come with me."
~U.S. Marine Corps Gunnery Sgt.~

** The Moderators Page ~ My Nikonians Gallery ~ My Web Site ~ Sacramento, CA Area Chapter Gallery **

G