Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Tough Winter.........

Bump57

US
6898 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Laureate Ribbon awarded as a winner in a Nikonians Best of Images Annual Photo Contest Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007
Wed 13-Feb-13 12:21 AM

I was really looking forward to capturing some nice snowey landscapes this winter. I had many places and subjects in mind. Here we are with the season almost over and wouldn't you know it, no snow to speak of for the second year in a row. Even Eagle season was slow. So, getting a little impatient for something to photograph last night I went out to try and capture a nice sunset since we had some great rolling clouds in the area. Just before sunset the clouds started to disappear so I started to look for something else to shoot since I was out already. I stumbled upon this abandon farm house with a barn in the back. It had an interesting little gully that ran through the property with these little grass mounds that were nicely back-lit so I concentrated on it with the house in the background and tried to get what was left of my sunset in there as well. Here is where I wound up but not sure if it was the right path to travel in post. For one, the lack of color bothers me some but hey it is winter in the Midwest and if there is no snow this is what it looks like. The other thing is the contrast, I'm thinking maybe I took it too far. With out it though the image does seem a little flat to me. I am half tempted to convert it too B&W and call it a day but the color in the sky keeps me from doing that. Open for thoughts & suggestions as always.

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)

Click on image to view larger version

Scott Martin Sternberg

Scotts Fine Art

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Tough Winter.........