Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Marjani

Cocos (Keeling) Islands, AU
3633 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Marjani Moderator expert in ocean scapes and underwater photography Charter Member
Wed 21-Aug-13 08:05 AM

There is something to be said about life under the ocean waves; the beauty and colour of the corals and marine life and the majesty of the manta rays.

I'm lucky living on the Cocos (Keeling) islands and although I don't dive as much as I should (becoming too much of a fair weather diver for my own good), I'm still lucky enough to be able to dive with these gentle giants.

This girl is Manta alfredi, a small version of the giant oceanic mantas. Unlike the oceanics that free roam the oceans, the alfredi are reef mantas and generally stay in the same area. I know I have one I photographed 10 years ago and we still see her regularly.

D300 | 10-17mm | ISO 160 | f8 | 1/320

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)

Best Fishes ~ Karen <*((---{

Waving the flag for Nikonians on the Cocos (Keeling) Islands and learning every day.

Karens Cocos Reflections gallery

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Larger Than Life