Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Tilt & Shitf Panoramas (revisited)

Jose Andres

Buenos Aires, AR
927 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Jose Andres Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Mar 2003
Sun 26-Aug-12 01:49 AM | edited Sun 26-Aug-12 01:52 AM by Jose Andres

Hi Nikonians.

On this occasion, I am uploading 2 panos that were processed again using this time Nik Plugins (Color Effex Pro 4 and HDR Effex Pro).

The good news is that these 2 pictures are great candidates for studying the effect of the filters, since I maximize DOF by tilting the lens 2 cm downwards while shifting it left, center, right, to get a 3 vertical pano picture.

Both are of Patagonia Argentina, and they belong to Cerro Torre, reflected in Torre Lagoon, surrounded by Adela Range and Great Glacier.

I hiked to the basecamp to stay overnight and visited the area 2:30 hours before sunrise.

The first one was taken at night: 4,40 am (2:20 hs. before sunrise), with my D3, 45 mm pc-e plus Singh Ray Color LB Combo Polarizer, plus Singh Ray 3 stops ND filter. EV: 30'x f5.6 iso 250.

The second one, is the same picture was taken just when the sun hits -for the very first time- the mountain and creates that intense red light on it. It is possible to see the shadows of the light on the lower part of the mountain. It also can be seen the wind on the water (ripples on water) creating a reflection in movement. It was taken at 7.25 am, EV: 2' x f11, iso 200, both Singh Rays filters used.

I launched Nik Color Effex Pro 4 and HDR Effex Pro within lightroom 4 and did some twicks, especially playing with all the contrast buttoms, and detail extractor.

I had to compress these pictures to 30% in order not to exced the maximun size permitted to upload.

Another option to view is my website, here:

http://joseandresbasbus.zenfolio.com/p255037316

I am truly satisfied how well these plugins work with the pictures.

Comments are wellcome.

Jose, nikonian
from Santiago del Estero, Argentina
http://joseandresbasbus.zenfolio.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Click on image to view larger version

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)

G