Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

My First Pano since purchasing my D7000

GEEWNZ

Tauranga, NZ
10 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
GEEWNZ Registered since 17th May 2012
Wed 01-Aug-12 11:12 AM

Hi all.

Just thought I'd share this pano image which is my first attempt with my new D7000. ( I have done others, but with my older Fuji FinePix S602). This came together from 1 row of 4 images taken using a AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm lens set at 100mm and set up on a very cheap and nasty tripod with integrated head. I tied it down to a tent peg pushed into the ground in an attempt to stabilise the tripod as much as I could, then used the built in timer for each shot.

Click on image to view larger version

The image was stitched before using a trial version of Capture NX 2 to create -2,-1,+1 & +2 EV versions which were then put through a trial of Photomatrix. The resulting HDR was then re-processed through Capture NX to smooth out sky tones throughout the image. I found this all to be necessary due to the heavy shadowing under Mt Maunganui which was behind me to the left.

Comments are invited.

Cheers,

Grant W.

G