Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Problems using SB-28 for macro photography

traupis

AR
71 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
traupis Basic Member
Mon 25-Jun-01 06:27 PM

Hi, I have a Nikon F100, SB-28, flash braket and SC-17. Wich is the best way to arrange this items for insect photography? I usually have under/over exposure problems when using the flash mounted in the bracket at 1:1, 1:2 ratios with the 105mm AF D micro lens. I use the flash in TTL (no automatic balanced fill-flash) with no compensation and the camera set in manual mode (1/250, F/22, matrix metering, usually handheld and manual focus). I also set the flash to 24mm zoom or use the wide flash adapter. The braket leaves the flash at camera level and about 7 inches from the lens. I don't use a tripod for this kind of photography because insects move a lot!! I only use it to reduce dark backgrounds using slow speeds during daylight when shooting inmobile subjects. Most of the time I shoot during night so I attached a small flashlight at the bottom of the flash bracket for correct focusing.
Someone knows wich could be the problem?

Thanks.

Pablo Rodriguez.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Problems using SB-28 for macro photography

G