Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Macro exposure metering?

Thuyker

Poway, US
15 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Thuyker Basic Member
Thu 13-Jun-02 03:02 AM

Hi,

I'm going to be attempting macro photography for the first time pretty soon. I've been reading alot about diffraction, however, and have a few questions. I read that at an aperture of, say, f22, at a 1:1 reproduction ratio, you are actually getting a few stops less light, say f32 or even less. If using an off camera flash, a reflector, 60mm micro, and a F5, would I have to manually adjust the exposure? Or will TTL, etc. automatically adjust for this? This will be my first time using slide film, so I know I should bracket anyway to make sure, but I can't help but feel that I'm wasting film. My mom has over 50 different varieties of roses, and since I'm planning on taking pictures of all of them for her, bracketing would use up quite a bit of film! Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Macro exposure metering?
Reply message Better flash example

G