Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
geno64

midlothian, US
151 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
geno64 Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Sep 2012
Mon 10-Jun-13 01:13 AM

Well, here is a first for me. I'm in Fort Lauderdale running around shooting while my wife attends a conference. Went to the Everglades and their Botanic Gardens and got some good stuff. Then today, I was going to the Bonnet House, a mansion built in the 20's. According to their flyer, they are supposed to have some beautiful gardens that you can wander around in, and, according to the flyer, take pictures. When I went in to pay the entrance fee, I was told the fee was $250.00. The flyer said $10.00. Because I had my D800 hanging from my shoulder and I had a tripod, I must be a professional. I'm not. They're worried about me shooting and posting the shots on the Internet. I would have thought if I had anything good enough, it would almost be free advertising, that's if I had anything good enough to post. The reality is, if the grounds were that good, it might be worth it for a once in a lifetime thing, but when you have no idea what's behind the gates, who would take the chance and pay the fee? I was really bummed. I can't imagine coming back to Florida anytime soon, if at all. For the next few years I planning on heading west. I'll be heading back to Chicago in a few days, wondering if this is going to be the new trend for us.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Turned away