Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

105 VR + tubes + 6T feedback needed

franco1968

N.D.I.P., CA
10 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
franco1968 Registered since 25th Dec 2012
Sun 03-Feb-13 03:37 PM

Very new to macro/micro photography world. Really enjoying it during the winter months!

Wanted some feedback on using 105 VR + 68mm tubes + 6T filter.

Been playing around with the Kenko DG tubes and really like the results. I am getting ~1.9 reproduction ratio with 68mm extension at closest working distance. I am now looking for a way to get to reproduction of 2.5 and am thinking that adding a 6T filter to the extension tubes might do the trick according to Tony Jeffree's spreadsheet.

Wanted some feedback on the quality of results with 68mm tubes + 6T combination on 105 VR from anyone that has experimented with this combo before I go ahead an purchase the 6T filter.

Haven't seen any spreadsheet that can quantify the quality of results with different tools (i.e. diopters, tubes, etc). I guess this is too complex to work out using simple a spreadsheets and must be measured depending on the use case using test equipment.

Thanks,
Franco

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G