Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Suggestions on D600 settings for indoor track and field event

photogevent

US
12 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
photogevent Registered since 17th Dec 2012
Fri 22-Feb-13 08:50 PM

Hello, I have worked my way up over the years to a D600 and will be shooting an indoor track and field event so I can assume low light. Probably the best lens in my arsenal that has any distance at all is a 70-300 F4-5.6 non-VR. I know it isn't a fast lens, but my faster lenses might not give me the reach I need. I am hoping the ISO range of the camera will compensate for the lack of a faster lens.

My assumption would be to set the camera in shutter priority, possibly 1/500 and put the camera in auto-ISO mode.

Are there other camera settings I should set, and are the settings above where you would start?

Have shot many pictures of the years but mainly studio and non-action shots so this is a new genre to me as well as being new to this body and it's capabilities.

I do have a 24-120 as well, but it only gives me a .5 stop more but a lot less reach. I also have a TC-16a, but it isn't compatible. I also have the 24-85 kit lens which does have VR, but here again, I just don't think that it will have enough reach and I don't want to have to crop hundreds of pictures.

Suggestions please!

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Suggestions on D600 settings for indoor track and f...

G