Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Rugby Poster

bellnier

Buffalo, US
1843 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
bellnier Registered since 18th Jul 2006
Wed 13-Feb-13 12:16 PM | edited Wed 13-Feb-13 12:17 PM by bellnier

I can hardly believe it's been 10 years since we formed the first high school rugby club in Western New York at City Honors School. Since that time both our girls' and guys' sides have won State championships, finished 3rd in the country (twice!), and have competed well and emerged victorious in too many tournaments to count. Many individual players have played select-side rugby at the territorial and regional level, and one of our gals was selected to play for the USA Eagles National Team. Scores of our ruggers have moved on to play, and excel, at the college and adult club level. Throw in the drama, the passion, and the sometimes silliness of high school student athletes, and its been a memorable decade for me.

I've been given the mission of creating a poster to commemorate those ten years. There's no way to put the many 100s of players pictures on a single poster. So I chose to go with one image of rugby action that contains many of the phrases, names of venues, accomplishments, etc. These words were contributed by past and current players and coaches (as such, they won't mean anything to you friendly Nikonians). I used a clipping mask to keep the outline of the player crisp. Please tell me what you think. It's a work in progress...

Cheers,
David

PS. Poster is 19 x 13 inches.

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)

"Stupidity is a gift from God, but one mustn't misuse it" - Pope John Paul II

Http://bellnier-photos.smugmug.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G