Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

HS Gymnastics - 10 photos

dave351

Michigan, US
96 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
dave351 Registered since 28th Jan 2010
Wed 23-Jan-13 03:54 AM

Had a chance to catch a gymnastics meet tonight. My first time, and it was a lot harder than I thought it would be.

I played around with some 3D area focus, but that was a mistake. It wouldn't stay locked on a face, instead it would find a random body part and make that the focal point. I have some great, tack sharp shots of knees and butts from shooting vault! I ended up going back to my basketball settings, mostly because I was familiar with them and knew what to expect (somewhat). 2 teams, 2 hours, and 900+ pictures and I only got a handful that I think are somewhat in focus.

Click on image to view larger version

As always, c/c is appreciated! Especially on the post-processing. I tried to do some sharpening along with everything else and I'm curious if you can notice it. I struggled with the color/exposure on a few - the white wall (and the white legs!) were a challenge.

Thanks for looking!
Dave

G