Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

waterskiing

bobpilot

Washington, US
3855 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
bobpilot Silver Member Nikonian since 08th May 2007
Fri 18-Jan-13 02:56 AM | edited Fri 18-Jan-13 06:50 PM by bobpilot

I met Gavin when he was 10 years old, the younger brother of a friend. Four yeas later, his brother and I needed a third person to go with us to be legal to ski; Gavin joined us.

I asked Gavin if he wanted to learn to ski a slalom course; being a lad of few words, he said "Yes." I told him I'd drop him after each pass. I told him to ski and not look at the balls, just ski, he nodded. He was a good solid skier. On the next pass, I told him to bend his front knee; he nodded. He did exactly as I told him, he didn't try to out-ski my coaching. I mentioned to his brother that he is a good athlete, he brother said, "Yeah, he is." I added one new skill on each pass. By the end, he ran 5 balls, at 26 mph. This usually takes several months to achieve.

In 2011, Gavin placed first in Regionals. At a tournament a year or so prior he filled out the athlete form and provided my name as the person who inspired him the most. He didn't list a big-name skier, and he has skied with the best, he put my name in that spot. I was stunned and oh so pleased. I am just a tad bit proud of him. To top this off, he is the best person I know.

I took these photo in 2008. I like the silhouette and wonder your thoughts are. I want to give him a gift and this will be made into a 20 x 30 print. Or should I use a front lit, color, image?

S-1

Click on image to view larger version

C-2

C-3

C-4

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)
Attachment#3 (jpg file)
Attachment#4 (jpg file)