Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

New Contest Information

dm1dave

Lowden, US
13639 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 12th Sep 2006
Sat 29-Dec-12 08:32 PM | edited Sun 30-Dec-12 11:48 PM by dm1dave

Beginning January 1, 2013, a new contest challenge will be posted each month.

At the end of the month, I will enlist help from the moderator team to select 5 or 6 of the best images (depending on the number of entrants) from the January contest and create a poll for members to vote for the winning photo. The poll will run to the end of the month, and at its conclusion, the winner’s image would be included in the Monthly Challenge Winner’s Gallery for the Sports Forum.

That winner would then have the dubious honor of selecting the finalist from the next month’s contest and selecting a theme for the next month. Those selections would be delivered to me and I will put another poll together to run as the first one did.

The process would continue each month with each monthly winner selecting the next batch of images and the next moths theme.
There would be some rules though:

1. If you are the winner of a contest, when choosing the images from the contest that follows the contest that won, you cannot pick your own image.

2. If you are the winner of a contest, you must make your selection of finalist images and choose a theme within five days of notification that you have won so that the poll can be established as soon as possible and the next moths contest can get started.

3. Everyone is eligible for the monthly contest. However if Winners Gallery images are to be entered into the any other Nikonians contests that offer prizes then a silver level or higher member ship will be required for eligibility those contest.

4. Only one image per member may be in a poll.

5. A poll will run for at least 20 days. The winner of the poll will have his or her image posted in the Nikonian Monthly Challenge Winner’s Gallery.

We look forward to seeing your images in the Nikonian Monthly Challenge Winner’s Gallery!!!

Dave Summers
Nikonians Photo Contest Director
My Nikonians Gallery | Current Nikonians Contests

Click on image to view larger version

G