Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Volleyball: Hamilton wins, advances to finals

Bob32

Chico, US
5944 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Bob32 Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Jul 2007
Mon 19-Nov-12 03:33 AM

It was a really exciting game last Thursday night when the Hamilton High School Braves faced the Durham Trojans in the semi-finals for their division crown. Unlike the contest two nights previous Hamilton this time had some real competition with Durham. In fact, Durham got off to a roaring start and grabbed off the first two sets. It didn’t look promising for the Braves at this point, but they finally got going and swept the next three sets to win the match. This set them up to play in the finals on Saturday. I attended the finals and plan later to post some shots from that contest.

Same gear as usual: D700 + 80-200 f/2.8. Exposure manually set at 1/500, f/3.5, and ISO 10,000.

After my last post the responses that I received indicated that a less aggressive approach to noise reduction was called for. I’m glad that this was brought to my attention. I have revised my NR technique accordingly and have also done some fine tuning of my capture sharpening procedure. I presume that you guys will let me know if any further tweaking of my editing M.O. is advisable.

Comments are welcome.

Bob

1. 6’5” middle hitter #!0 was the star of the show as usual. She is shown spiking one here on the way to racking up 27 kills in this 5-set match.

Click on image to view larger version

2. Here she is again...

3. ...and still once more.

4. She’s also aggressive in seeking to block shots.

5. A spike by another member of the Braves contingent.

6. We can’t forget the setters.

7. Durham also had some good hitters.

8. Celebratory hugs by the Braves coach and players after the come-from-behind victory.

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)
Attachment#3 (jpg file)
Attachment#4 (jpg file)
Attachment#5 (jpg file)
Attachment#6 (jpg file)
Attachment#7 (jpg file)
Attachment#8 (jpg file)

G