Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Ct. State Tourn. Soccer Quarterfinal

jtmcg

Simsbury, US
4992 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jtmcg Moderator Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Awarded for his high level skills, specially in Wildlife, Macro & Landscape Photography Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 22nd Mar 2007
Thu 15-Nov-12 08:15 PM

Avon boys and girls both had quarterfinal games at the same time and place yesterday and both won to advance. They played at Fisher Meadows in Avon which is a large complex with 6 or 7 soccer fields of various sizes for town leagues and travel teams. There are 2 back to back fields of about the same quality except for one thing, Field 1 has an electronic scoreboard with timer, Field 2 does not so the ref keeps time and you have to keep track of the scoring. This game and the last game both teams played at the same time and the girls got the scoreboard field both times. Not sure how this is decided but thought it was interesting. Anyway...

Avon got a pretty quick goal about 2 min. in and then another about 5 min. later. It stayed that way til more than halfway thru the second half when Avon scored 2 more goals for a 4-0 win.

I felt sorry for the Berlin GK on the last goal. It was a kick on goal from pretty far out. He called for it and ran up to get it but it landed in front of him, bounced over his head and rolled in. Poor kid wanted to find a hole to crawl into.

D800, 70-200f/2.8, A at f2.8

John

1. This one was coming right at me. Went about 3 feet over my head. I was on one knee.

Click on image to view larger version

3. You put your right foot in...

4. The Berlin kid seems to be smiling even though he just had the ball stolen.

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)
Attachment#3 (jpg file)
Attachment#4 (jpg file)
Attachment#5 (jpg file)
Attachment#6 (jpg file)