Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

What? No limit on number of photos posted?

Bob32

Chico, US
5860 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Bob32 Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Jul 2007
Wed 10-Oct-12 01:18 PM

I notice that ten photos were posted in each of two recent threads. This surprised me, because I didn't think it was possible. I thought the limit was nine, and the system didn't allow you to go beyond that. Did the rules get changed when I wasn't looking?

I went to the Terms of Use, and I could no longer find any limits on the number of photos that can be posted! Holy Toledo! When did this happen? It must have been done on the quiet because I don't remember any announcement by Nikonians management at the time. It used to specify limits depending on what category of membership one happened to be in. All it says now (Section 3.4) is: "Please help by posting in the forums a prudent number of images per post." That, of course, begs the question as to what constitutes a "prudent" number.

Perhaps management was concerned about announcing that there is no longer a limit on the number of photos that can be posted. It might induce a flood of posts with excessive numbers of photos. That's still a concern of mine. Without specified limits there is apt to be a tendency to post more and more photos. If the word gets out that you can post as many images as you like I can envision the possibility of reaching a point where in the future we might have to wade through many more photos than we would like to see, and they might not be of the highest quality. My vote would be for management to revisit this issue and re-establish a reasonable limit so that things don't get out of hand.

So what should be the limit? The old limit for us Silver members was three. That was clearly too low, and the rule was routinely violated. Others may disagree, but in my opinion the old limit of nine was excessive. My pick would be a limit of seven with the emphasis on quality rather than quantity.

Anybody else got an opinion on this subject? Perhaps Reuben can chime in here with management's thinking on this subject.

Bob

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: What? No limit on number of photos posted?

G