Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Football: Butte College survives after blowing huge lead

Bob32

Chico, US
5859 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Bob32 Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Jul 2007
Fri 05-Oct-12 02:10 PM

Last Saturday Butte College entered its game with Modesto Junior College with a 4-0 record for the season. It again looked good for the Roadrunners as they raced out to a big early lead and were winning 31-10 at halftime. With a touchdown run early in the fourth quarter Butte built its lead to 38-10 and it appeared that it was all over for the Pirates. Roadrunner fans were shocked when Modesto finally came to life and racked up 28 unanswered points to tie the score at 38 all. Fortunately the Roadrunners were able to come back with a 60-yard drive that resulted in a score to put them ahead 45-38. Not to be undone, the Pirates surged back and were in position to again tie the score when a Modesto player fumbled the ball on the Butte goal line and a Roadrunner player recovered the ball with 34 seconds remaining in the game. Butte held on to seal the victory at 45-38, thereby extending their season record to 5-0.

For a lark I pulled my old D200 out of storage to shoot the first half of the game with 70-300 VR attached. For the second half I went with my D700 with the same zoom. Exposure was manually set with the D200 and aperture-preferred with the D700. The first two photos were taken with the D200 and the remainder with the D700. I had almost forgotten how primitive the D200 is compared with the D700. For reach the crop factor of 1.5 with the D200 was welcome, but on every other count the D700 is superior. The D200 is back in storage until who knows when.

Comments are welcome.

Bob

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)
Attachment#3 (jpg file)
Attachment#4 (jpg file)
Attachment#5 (jpg file)

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Football: Butte College survives after blowing huge...

G